Your Essential Guide to Linux Dedicated Servers
Thanks to the advancement and increased accessibility of modern technology, tasks that used to be more difficult and reserved for the technically gifted, such as building a website, are now relatively simple. There’s a lot to consider in regards to design and content, but before you pick a theme and decide which font you want to use — your first decision needs to be which type of web hosting to purchase.
There are a few different types of website hosting, each of which have their individual advantages, but dedicated servers are unrivalled when it comes to quality, efficiency, and scalability. If you run Windows operating systems and applications you’ll want Windows dedicated servers (for which you can check out our guide), but we’re here to talk about Linux dedicated servers.
What is Linux?
Before we get into the ins-and-outs of dedicated servers, it’s probably a good idea to to explain what Linux is, as many people will only be used to dealing with Windows and Mac operating systems. Linux is similar to other operating systems in many ways, for example, Linux has its own equivalent of Windows and Mac applications (such as word processors).
The main and most defining different between Linux and other operating systems is that it’s ‘open source’. This means that the code used to make Linux is available for the public to view, edit, and— if a user happens to have the appropriate skill—to contribute to.
What are Linux Dedicated Servers?
There are a fair few types of web hosting, which proves to be useful as people tend to have a wide range of budgets and site requirements. When it comes to website hosting, dedicated servers are at the top of the pile in regards to quality, efficiency, and reliability — and if you’re running a Linux operating system, Linux dedicated servers are the perfect way to maintain and monitor your website efficiently.
Dedicated server hosting is essentially the opposite of shared hosting. With a shared server you and a bunch of other sites will share the resources of one server, which can be troublesome for security and performance. A dedicated server provides you with advanced hardware and a server devoted to your site(s). Meaning that your website enjoys 100% of the server’s bandwidth and memory.
The Advantages of Linux Dedicated Servers
Features and Advantages of Linux Dedicated Servers
- Most Advanced Technology: At Cyber Host Pro, we provide customers with the most advanced technology. During our many years in the hosting industry, in which we have had the opportunity to test a range of different servers and brands, we’ve discovered that Dell servers tend to be more efficient and longer lasting. Although this does mean that they’re a bit more expensive, they are worth their weight in web hosting gold.
- Incredible Bandwidth: As the digital age has continued to evolve, internet has gotten supremely better, and advanced dramatically from the screeching dial-up days. Now that we have high-speed internet, people are less tolerant of slow sites, which is why it’s essential for you to have high-quality bandwidth. Fortunately for you, that’s exactly what you get with Linux dedicated servers, therefore providing a fluent and enjoyable experience for anyone who visits your site.
- Fast & Secure Servers: With your own dedicated server it means 100% of the web space and bandwidth is devoted to your site. This not only means that you will have the resources for a much quicker and efficient website; it also means that your dedicated Linux server won’t be hampered by other sites sharing your server.
- Server Management: Our team are on hand 24 hours a day to provide server management, so you can get in touch as and when assistance, and we’ll reply within 30 minutes. This is a huge advantage for round-the-clock site security, efficiency and reliability. If you’re a business owner or eCommerce site, this is crucial, as it will avoid prolonged issues such as dips in performance and downtime — both of which are bad news for businesses with lots of online competition.
- Accessibility with Control Panel: One of the most vital benefits of a Linux dedicated server is accessibility and scalability. With Linux you have the freedom to use either CPanel or Plesk control panel to manage websites, emails, and databases on your server. Access to a professional control panel allows you to add or remove domains on your dedicated Linux server, and also make it easier to monitor your site’s progress with minimal effort.
Linux dedicated servers represent the forefront of web hosting technology, and is essential for any website or business owner looking for a service that is secure, reliable, and scalable. Take a look at our range of servers!